Dropbox is a magic tool that helps you store files whatever they are and access them any time wherever you are. No need to fetch CDs and flash drives any longer: connect your devices to the official service (dropbox.com) and enjoy the storage.
How Does It Work?
Dropbox creates a special folder on all your devices. Any time you need to save a file, drag it into the folder and at a blink of an eye it will appear in the same folders on all the other devices, be it laptops, PCs, mobile phones or iPads. The tool works perfectly well with all the existing platforms: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android OS, iOS, BlackBerry. To put in simple, the answer to ‘What is Dropbox?’ is ‘Dropbox is an invisible weightless locker you put your stuff in to take it wherever you go‘.
What is Dropbox for?
Suppose, you have occasionally forgotten the drive with your home assignment. Suppose, you need to access your business presentation from home or a hotel. Suppose, you are too mobile to keep all the important pictures, videos, documents and other materials at home. In all these cases, Dropbox will save your time and efforts: connect to the service and get to your files from any place in the world. Share your files with your partners or clients. Link your friends to your pictures and video.
What Is Dropbox Functionality?
Stop asking ‘What is Dropbox‘, start using it. Quite soon you’ll see: it’s more than just about storing information. The highlights of the service include:
- Storing files of any type. Dropbox can store video, audio, clip-art, documents, photos and what not.
- Syncing stored files across all your devices. Dropbox synchronizes any file you edit with all your devices. Be sure: you’ll find your file the way you left it on any of your devices.
- Providing revision history. The service saves all editions and reposts made within 30 days (unlimited paid option is available) and allows recovering a deleted file.
- Sharing files with others. Send a link to any of your files or share a whole folder with other users. A piece of cake!
At present, the Dropbox service offers its users both free and paid accounts that differ only in storage. Once registered, free-account users get 2 GB, which can be increased up to 10 GB by referring others to the service. The referee gets 250 additional MB for each referred user (if they register). As for the paid accounts, there are options between 50 GB and 100 GB of storage available for $10 or $20 per month respectively.
Still keep questioning ‘What is Dropbox?’ Watch the video.
- Love wins at Dropbox June 26, 2015
- Pro tips: How to use Dropbox when developing your next app June 26, 2015
- 400 million strong June 24, 2015
- Dropbox for Android: Better, faster, redesigned June 23, 2015
- Easily collect photos, docs, and more with file requests June 17, 2015